Get Our Newsletter
Get exclusive news, information, and deals by signing up for our mailing list.
POSITION: Accounting Manager
The Accounting Manager administers and manages daily activities of the accounting function at the facility by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG policies and procedures.
• Supervises payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and other accounting functions and personnel.
• Prepares and performs or assists with event settlements.
• Prepares and performs bank reconciliations.
• Supervises and assists with the preparation of all financial reporting, including:
o Assists with preparation of financial statements for the Client and SMG Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
o Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
o Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
o Verifies and checks the accuracy of general ledger coding.
o Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
o Prepares and analyzes information for financial statements and reports.
o Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
o Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
o Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting. Works with auditors in verifying financial information/procedures.
• Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
• Reviews financial statements with management personnel.
• Acts as Manager on Duty as required
Education and/or Experience
• B. S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university;
• At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as department head
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements to:
Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center
PO Box 60303
Midland, Texas 79711 - 0303
Fax Number – 432-552-4431