RESERVED $52.00 – $22.00
We’re a Mexican American band, and no word describes America like immigrant. Most of us are children of immigrants, so it’s perhaps natural that the songs we create celebrate America in this way.” So says Louie Perez, the “poet laureate” and primary wordsmith of Los Lobos, when describing the songs on the band’s new album, Gates of Gold.
In the band’s early recording days – those years just before and after “La Bamba,” their worldwide crossover hit from the 1987 film which reached #1 on the U.S. and UK singles chart – they prepared for album recording sessions with top producers like T-Bone Burnett with pre-production that included multiple rehearsals and “outlining” what the project was going to be. The more spontaneous approach to writing and recording that they took on their 1992 Mitchell Froom co-produced set Kiko still exists today; Rosas says, “When I listen to our catalog, doing things more spontaneously in the studio has led to some of our best work.” Unlike many bands that write, gather and catalog material between studio releases, Los Lobos prefers to create their magic on the fly when they decide it’s time to record. Perez says, “We never come in with a cache of 20 songs. Our thing is to write as we’re recording. It’s like starting with a blank canvass every time.”
Steve Berlin – Saxophone, Percussion, Flute, Midsax, Harmonica, Melodica
Cesar Rosas – Vocals, Guitar, Mandolin
Conrad Lozano – Bass, Guitarron, Vocals
David Hidalgo – Vocals, Guitar, Accordion, Percussion, Bass, Keyboards, Melodica, Drums, Violin, Banjo
Enrique “Bugs” Gonzalez – Drums/Percussion
YOU CAN NOW SELECT YOUR OWN SEATS.
• CLICK ON ANY SECTION IN THE MAP BELOW
• BLUE DOTS DENOTE AVAILABLE SEATS
• HOVER OVER THE DOT FOR SEATING INFO INCLUDING PRICE
• CLICK ON DESIRED SEAT TO ADD TO CART
• PLEASE REVIEW CART CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR PURCHASE
• NOTE: ORCH RIGHT IS EVEN NUMBERED SEATS
• NOTE: ORCH LEFT IS ODD NUMBERED SEATS
• ALL SALES FINAL. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES
ALL PATRONS, REGARDLESS OF AGE, WILL REQUIRE A TICKET FOR ENTRY FOR ALL TICKETED PERFORMANCES.
The Wagner Noël Performing Arts Center Box Office, 1 (800) 514-3849 provided by ETIX and www.wagnernoel.com are the only authorized outlets for tickets to performances at the Wagner Noël Performing Arts Center. Tickets purchased from any other sources, such as brokers or secondary market websites, are purchased at your own risk. We urge patrons to purchase tickets only from the Wagner Noël Performing Arts Center. By purchasing from the official ticket provider, you are assured that the ticket you receive is valid and being sold to you at face value.
When you buy from someone other than the Wagner Noël Performing Arts Center:
• We cannot guarantee that your tickets are genuine
• You almost always pay more than face value
• We cannot replace lost or stolen tickets or help to resolve any ticketing issues
• We cannot contact you with information on show cancellations, time changes or other useful information